Here at Avatar Fitness, our dedicated team of Personal Trainers will help you achieve your health and fitness goals whatever they may be. This could be weight loss, fat loss, improve sports performance or to make a complete lifestyle change. Our trainers will be there to motivate you and ensure that you get the best possible results in a time frame that is realistic.
What should I expect from my Personal Training sessions?
Your Personal Trainer will meet and consult with you, to discuss your goals and current state of fitness. They will then assess your overall fitness level and use this information to create your personalised training plan helping you to reach your aspired goals. Additionally, your Personal Trainer may assist with nutritional tips and advice to ensure you are eating healthily in support of your ongoing training and exercise plan.
What are the benefits of a Personal Trainer?
- They will teach you correct technique to perform exercises correctly and safely.
- They will observe you to ensure you maintain correct posture and position and identify any areas of weakness that may need correcting or working on.
- They will challenge and motivate you to push yourself further to progress and encourage you to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
- They will design training programmes tailored specifically to your needs, abilities, and goals and educate you to feel confident to continue training for a lifetime.
- They will motivate you extrinsically such as making you accountable. Your trainer will ask about your week, wanting to know if you did your workouts and how you’re eating plan is going. Knowing that you have to report in can make you less likely to skip your workouts. Also, having a trainer will motivate and encourage you to be committed to your training programme.
Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions relating to Personal Training:
How much does a Personal Trainer cost?
As a benchmark a one-hour Personal Training session can cost anything between £25 and £40 at Avatar Fitness. All of our Personal Trainers offer discounts for block bookings also provide different package options.
How often should I have Personal Training sessions?
This will very much depend on your goals, your budget and sometimes timeframe e.g. if you are training towards an event or competition. The average is 1 to 2 sessions per week. It is important you discuss this with your Personal Trainer who will advise what is best for you. It is also recommended to make a commitment to regular weekly sessions, as this will ensure effective progress is made towards you achieving your goals.
Are Group Personal Training Sessions available?
Yes, some of our trainers offer group training with the maximum per group being around 3/4 people.
How do I prepare for my Personal Training session?
This is something that will be discussed with your Personal Trainer prior to your first session however as a rule of thumb the important things to remember are:
- Wear comfortable breathable sportswear. Remember you may sweat a little, so layer up so you can take off layers as you get warmer
- Ideally workout trainers are best as they will give you the best support possible
- Bring a water bottle and a towel
Do I have to be a member at the gym to have Personal Training sessions?
No, you do not need to be a member at the gym to have Personal Training Sessions here. You will liaise directly with the Personal Trainer of your choice regarding payment and bookings. You will still have full use of the gym equipment at your Personal Training sessions.
How do I book a Personal Training session?
If you’re interested in working with one of our Personal Trainers and taking your fitness to the next level, then CONTACT US HERE.